- Split terraces
- Merge addresses
- Assign fixme's for buildings and address nodes that cannot be merged:
See Instructions for recommended workflow
Created by LogicalViolinist - Updated - Priority: medium
- Changeset Comment
- #ottawa-terracing - http://tasks.osmcanada.ca/project/100 When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
This is the workflow I find the most efficient for splitting terraces in JOSM
Select and open a task in JOSM. If it's too big (i.e. too much work or request is too big to load in JOSM) - go back and split the task into smaller ones
Load city property parcels for your task - see link below
Align imagery via Imagery->New offset and align buildings with their footprints
Apply the following filter via Filters panel (with inverse checkbox checked):
(building=* & -building:shed & -building:garage & -building:roof & -building:barn & -building:farm & -building:transportation & (-"addr:housenumber" | -"addr:street")) | ("addr:housenumber"=* & type:node)This will leave only address nodes and buildings without addresses enabled on the map. Helps a lot to clear up clutter.
Find unsplit terraces that have address nodes on top of them:
Start working on a terrace.
- To split I recommend using utilsplugin2. Draw a line where you want to split off a unit and press Alt-X.
- If the building is supposed to be orthogonalized - press Q
- Press Alt-Shift-I to select address node within newly split off unit:
- Merge address node into the unit. To do that you need builgings_tools plugin. With unit and address node selected, do Data->Merge Address Points:
- Repeat the process for all units in the terrace
After all terraces are split and merged add fixme's to buildings without addresses.
- Locate buildings that don't need addresses (sheds/garages in backyards, etc) and assign appropriate tags, i.e.: building=garage/shed/barn/roof. Filter will hide them from the map.
- Tag remaining buildings with fixme=missing addr:housenumber. I usually use Ctrl-A and then narrow the selection for buildings only via Selection panel.
- If during step 6 you encounter a building that has units that share house number, assign the following tag to such units after splitting: fixme=missing addr:unit
Done! Upload changes to OSM and move on to the next one! In the end all residential/commercial buildings should have either proper addresses or appropriate fixme's.
Note: To further optimize the process you can macro all steps in step 6 with some utility like AutoHotkey(Windows) or Keyboard Maestro(Mac).