This project was archived.
Created by zzptichka - Updated - Priority: medium
- Changeset Comment
- #ottawa-parks-parking - http://tasks.osmcanada.ca/project/106 When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
- Before you start working on the project, load city parks parking lots data as new layer. This will create new layer with parking lots as nodes in JOSM. You will later use it when mapping.
- Create new layer in JOSM (File->New Layer).
- Select random task in task manager, open it in JOSM, select preferred Imagery.
- Switch to parks-parking.osm layer (click on the 'active' column in Layers window), select the parking lot node in the center and copy all of its tags to clipboard.
- Switch back to OSM Data Layer and draw a shape around the parking lot if it already doesn't exist there.
- Paste tags from the clipboard to the parking lot shape. Map and connect any missing OSM elements nearby, such as footways, playgrounds, service ways etc. If the parking lot cannot be seen due to imagery quality, copy-paste entire node to the data layer. and add a note for someone to check on the ground.
- Upload changes to OSM. Make sure you do this with OSM layer being active (otherwise JOSM won't allow you to).
- Mark task as done and move on to the next one: step 3.