- Changeset Comment
- #ottawa-outdoor-rinks http://tasks.osmcanada.ca/project/108 When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
- Before you start working on the project, load outdoor rinks data as new layer. This will create new layer with outdoor rinks as nodes in JOSM. You will later use it when mapping.
- Create new layer in JOSM (File->New Layer).
- Select random task in task manager, open it in JOSM, select preferred Imagery.
- Switch to outdoor-rinks.osm layer (click on the 'active' column in Layers window), select the rink node in the center and copy all of its tags to clipboard.
- Switch back to OSM Data Layer and draw a shape around the rink if it already doesn't exist there.
- Paste tags from the clipboard to the rink shape. Map and connect any missing OSM elements nearby, such as footways, playgrounds, service ways etc. If the rink cannot be seen because it exists only in winter, copy-paste entire node to the data layer.
- Upload changes to OSM. Make sure you do this with OSM layer being active (otherwise JOSM won't allow you to).
- Mark task as done and move on to the next one: step 3.