Created by zzptichka - Updated - Priority: medium
- Entities to Map
- tennis courts
- Changeset Comment
- #ottawa-tennis-courts http://tasks.osmcanada.ca/project/109 When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
- Before you start working on the project, load city tennis courts data as new layer. This will create new layer with courts as nodes in JOSM. You will later use it when mapping.
- Create new layer in JOSM (File->New Layer).
- Select random task in task manager, open it in JOSM, select preferred Imagery.
- Switch to tennis-outdoor.osm layer (click on the 'active' column in Layers window), select the court node in the center and copy all of its tags to clipboard.
- Switch back to OSM Data Layer and trace the tennis court area if it already doesn't exist there. Create multipolygon if courts cannot be traced as one shape. Do NOT trace indoor courts, even if they are part of the complex.
- Paste tags from the clipboard to the courts shape. Map and connect any missing OSM elements nearby, such as footways, playgrounds, service ways etc. If the court is painted on an ice rink copy-paste entire node in the middle of the court.
- Upload changes to OSM. Make sure you do this with OSM layer being active (otherwise JOSM won't allow you to).
- Mark task as done and move on to the next one: step 3.