This project was archived.
Import building outlines from the Statistics Canada open building database. See the OSM Wiki for more details about the broader building outline import.
Created by DannyMcD - Updated - Priority: medium
- Entities to Map
- Changeset Comment
- #kingston-buildings https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Canada/Canada_Stats_Canada_Building_Outlines_Import/Plan When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
- Select and open a task in JOSM. If it's too big (i.e. too much work or request is too big to load in JOSM) - go back and split the task into smaller ones.
- Load building outlines for your task - see link under the Contribute Tab.
- Check for any existing buildings that might create conflicts (keep existing, merge tags or only update building footprint). Using the replace geometry tool can be very useful to retain the full history of the feature and OSM attributes. Aerial imagery can be helpful for this - Esri World Imagery is the best in Kingston.
- (Optional) Classify buildings (e.g. as residential, commercial, industrial, etc.)
- Upload changes to OSM with source = Statistics Canada - Open Building Database