The primary focus is to add all the building footprints in Squamish. With buildings added, local mappers can then assign addresses from local surveys.
The priority areas (pink tiles) have been included to help focus the initial mapping.
The secondary features to add/correct in each tile are:
- sport pitches
- missing roads
- correct features that are wrong
Created by LogicalViolinist - Updated - Priority: medium
- Entities to Map
- Changeset Comment
- #squamish-building-import, As discussed on the Talk-CA and Import list When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
The focus is buildings + some leisure features. If you notice incorrect features or missing roads in each tile, please correct:)
Please see the OSM tags wiki to review tags if unclear.
For all features, please capture as much address information as possible. Postal codes have been omitted for the moment, as I'm not clear if any legal issues preclude this collection.
- addr:housenumber if possible.
Please review OSM wiki for buildings
- building=residential is default for homes/apartments etc. unless the exact subtype is known.
- building=house is a equivalent to a semi or a house split in two
- building=terrace is equivalent to row houses/town homes with at least 3 homes in the same building outline
- building=retail for stores.
- building=yes if unsure what subtype it is. It is best to default to this and local mappers can update.